Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Lovely Memorial Day Weekend

Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Memorial Day Weekend. My family and I spent the weekend at our house in Gearhart, a small town on the the Oregon Coast. Since I was a little girl, one of my favorite vacations has been to visit the beach. I find that time magically slows there. Life takes on the soothing blue, grey, green, and taupe tones of the sea and the shore.

If you live on the West Coast, the Oregon Coast is a lovely place to take a short vacation. If you're visiting from the East, the majestic whitecaps of the Pacific Ocean are an amazing sight.

Gearhart is a charming community reminiscent of the small beach towns of the East Coast. Just in case you ever find yourself in the area, I wanted to share with you some of the places I've found that have become favorites of mine.

Whenever my family spends time at the beach, we never miss the opportunity to have dinner at Pacific Way Cafe. They also have a bakery next door that makes fabulous sticky rolls and breakfast pastries.


One of my favorite boutiques is the next town over from Gearhart in Seaside. carries fresh new accessories and apparel. You can find Lulu's at 10 N Holladay Road in Seaside, Oregon 97138, (503) 738-2045.




I hope your Memorial Day was as peaceful as mine!






www.rosannainc.com

No comments: