Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fall Favorites

A little known but rather wonderful tidbit about life during the Victorian era was a sensitivity to the changing seasons and a corresponding adjustment of interior decor. For each season, Victorian women had different linens, mantle decorations, vases, flower arrangements, and place settings to match the changes of the natural world.


I like to do the same thing in my home, especially with my dinnerware. I love our Famille a Table collection for the fall. Elegant and unusual, yet understated, Famille a Table is extremely versatile. I've used this collection for simple family meals and more elaborate dinner parties alike.




Rotating your plates with the seasons is a simple way to break the visual monotony of seeing the same dinnerware day in and day out. It adds freshness to everday life.

Live Well!





www.rosannainc.com

No comments: