Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Trip To The Far East

Taken as I browsed a local flea market
I have always been a great lover of Europe. As our designs show, a great deal of the inspiration for Rosanna product comes from Italy, Britain, and France. However, for everything I know about the artistic and cultural eras in Western cultures, I know just as little about countries and cultures in the East. I never imagined I’d find inspiration from China, must less travel there. But when business took us to Guangzhou, we decided to make a family vacation out of it and use the opportunity to explore China.


was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed learning about the design history and intricate craftsmanship that distinguishes the arts in China. It was amazing to see firsthand the production of porcelain, jade, and silk, to name a few Chinese innovations that Westerners have enjoyed, admired, and employed for centuries.


The Chinese people, culture, landmarks, and history inspired me greatly. They broadened my worldview and provided me with a host of fresh ideas for new Rosanna products. Our trip to China extended my appreciation for the fine arts beyond the West in surprising and gratifying ways.


Here are some photos from our trip, including shots of the Great Wall and from one of my favorite flea markets we visited. When you look through these photos, even though I’m only an amateur photographer, I think it will be easy to see why I was so struck by this extraordinary culture.
 








www.rosannainc.com

No comments: