Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Women In Business

A few days ago I did some simple math, and I made a shocking discovery. I have spent just about half my life as an entrepreneur. When I look back at the trail I’ve blazed since starting Rosanna Inc., I see the hundreds of experiences, lessons, and people who have helped me pave my way. In reflecting, I also think about what the world looked like nearly thirty years ago when I began my business.  Back then, it was no small feat for women to find a job. And a woman becoming an entrepreneur? Nearly unheard of!

Photo compliments of
Shelly Oberman Photography
All of this musing wasn’t simply for the sake of taking stock. I was revisiting my memories for a reason. A few months ago, I became a finalist for a business award specifically for Northwest women entrepreneurs. The nomination presented me with a privilege and a challenge: to craft an inspirational speech addressed to my fellow women entrepreneurs.

To read the complete story as well as excerpts from my speech, please visit Rosanna's Table Talk's new location at http://rosannastable.blogspot.com.


www.rosannainc.com

4 comments:

new outlook said...

More communication tools in Outlook 2010 help you stay in touch and organized. Connect with others, manage your calendar, and stay on top of your to-dos with download Outlook 2010.

Unknown said...

I like women empowerment. really appreciate this

Unknown said...

Awesome article. You have some great insights.heavy duty steel shelving

Miami Party Rentals said...

Miami Kids party rental Endless fun and games, Mega inflatable movie screen, Bounce House, Sound system, Climb and splash, Jumping games, obstacle courses, and slides are sure to give you fun times! Only on Miami Kids party rental. Contact Num: 786-953-6147 sales@miamipartyrentalgroup.com