Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Joy In Nature

Finally, the first hints of spring are in the air! To celebrate the world's natural reawakening, this past weekend my daughter Francesca and I took a walk through the new springtime sunshine.

As I wrote in another post, I try to begin every day with a walk through my neighborhood. Sadly, I find that I'm so used to "my territory" that I sometimes forget to be mindful of my surroundings.

So, on this particular walk with Francesca, we made a concerted effort to pay attention to the changes that are happening all over in the natural world. Once we took the time to look, it was amazing what we were able to find. We saw two baby eagles and a bright red woodpecker. We stopped to observe the emerging flora in its first bloom now that the weather is beginning to warm.

Spring is an exceptional time of the year that truly reveals the wonders of our planet. Taking the time to appreciate the beauty of new life is a simple delight that takes next to no effort to enjoy. All you have to do is pause. Then, look and listen to the organic symphony of the spring.


1. Project for a child: Choose an area in your backyard. Observe it for 3 months. Report on the changes. You'll find they are surprisingly numerous!

2. Take a walk through your neighborhood or a large community park.

3. Gather the first blossoming flowers from your garden and bring them inside to infuse your home with fresh new energy.





www.rosannainc.com

No comments: